Yeah, Melinda, it's anecdotal because no definitive studies have been done.
For instance, I'm allergic to certain kinds of adhesive tape. But adhesive
tape isn't considered a dangerous product because I'm the exception, not the
I suspect it's the same with aspartame and MSG: a few have allergic
reactions to it. But that doesn't mean either is particularly harmful to the
general populace. And if you're allergic to aspartame, then you shouldn't
use it, just as someone who is allergic to poison ivy probably shouldn't lie
down for a nap in a patch of it!