Elevated Plus Maze - specs?

Robert M. Mihalek mihalek at FORMULA1.smtp.anes.upmc.edu
Wed Jun 16 10:34:28 EST 1999

In article <19990611173603.05657.00000421 at ng-fm1.aol.com>
mcicheli at aol.com (Martha J. Cichelli) writes:

> Can someone help me with specifications for a typical elevated plus maze?
>
>    1.  how wide are the runways?, how long?
>    2.  how far off the ground?
>    3   open arms -just a platform?, a runway with clear walls?, an open far
> end?
>    4.  enclosed arms - solid walls?, clear top?
>    5.  what exactly do you measure?  how do you define "entering an arm"?
>        how do you measure "time in an arm?"
>
> A reference to an article which describes all of this would be incredibly
> helpful.

Before you start, read the latest issue of Science magazine. volume
284. There is a very interesting article on the operation of a
plus-maze.

please remove the name of the RACE SERIES for e-mail replies