What does the backgorund frequency in an EEG tell you?

Fri Mar 26 07:35:01 EST 1999

Not my opinion, but if I remember correct the dynamic or variability
of signal has been correlated with IQ. But at first think about this:
What does IQ realy messure ? (not intelligence) and second: Was does
the frequency represent ? (low frequ. can be find  in the fact of
learning foir example) On the other hand the clinical EEG suggest an
important role of normal frequency bands.
Conclusion: What is true at all ?