EEG and power spectra

Ong Puay Hoon ophoon at YAHOO.COM
Mon Nov 1 19:50:50 EST 1999

Dear all,
I'm a postgrad student intending to use EEG to study
cortical activation during fraction tasks among
elementary school children. The Medelec DG Compact
recording machine has a software to compute power
spectra values for each of these wave bands - delta,
theta, alpha, beta1 and beta2 - for each of the 16
cortical sites.
1) I'm aware that higher power spectra values do not
necessarily indicate higher activation. What
guidelines/principles can I employ to interpret these
2) Is it possible to study of coherence and
cross-coherence from power spectra values?
3) How are ERPs different from power spectra values?
Please help.
Thank you.
Ong Puay Hoon, Malaysia

Do You Yahoo!?