meditation/altered conciousness and neuroscience

jhillmurphy at jhillmurphy at
Tue Nov 2 19:58:26 EST 1999

I don't know if this is related at all, but the company I work for is
looking at brainwave recordings to see if they can indicate stages of
alertness and drowsiness. This is to develop products which will help
people with sleep disorders, ADD & people who need to work long shifts,
like truck drivers. The products would be non-drug solutions for these

Just thought it may be of interest to you. Are you looking at EEG when
people are meditating?

In article <3815BF86.5A751ECE at>,
  Alexander Shenkin <al at> wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm researching meditation, it's effects, and other altered states of
> conciousness from (as much as possible) the perspective of
> neuroscience.  Are there canonical works in this field on this
> Major figures?  Also, if anyone know of good resources out there,
> would also be greatly apprecicated.  Thanks very much...
> Alex Shenkin

Sent via
Before you buy.