cererbrum/cortex

JoshCahoon joshcahoon at cs.com
Tue Nov 2 22:48:38 EST 1999

Howdy. I'm taking an intro physiological psych class and I can't seem to get
something straight. Is the cerebral cortex just the outer layer of the
cerebrum? If you peel away the cerebral cortex, what cerebral structures are
left. The limbic cortex, I guess...but any subcortical stuff?

Oh, and while I'm asking questions, I wonder if any of you know what
neurotransmitter the photoreceptors release (my text doesn't say).

Danka mucho.