EEG and power spectra

Heiko Tietze ht_ at gmx.de
Wed Nov 3 05:22:27 EST 1999

On 1 Nov 1999 16:50:50 -0800, ophoon at YAHOO.COM (Ong Puay Hoon) wrote:

>1) I'm aware that higher power spectra values do not
>necessarily indicate higher activation. What
>guidelines/principles can I employ to interpret these
>values?
Did you read any book/artikel/paper ?
>2) Is it possible to study of coherence and
>cross-coherence from power spectra values?
If your computation produces complex data the (F)FT will be the basis
for coherence, but what is cross-coherence ?
>3) How are ERPs different from power spectra values?
Which part isnt different ? (Yes, the raw data *g*)
>Please help.
Ask better questions - like: My hypothesis is... and because ... I ll
use EEG. I assume EEG-parameter(s) ... is (are) sensitiv for it. My
question is: How to compute, your opinion, different ideas....
>Thank you.
>Ong Puay Hoon, Malaysia
Sorry if I did 'nt get you right.
HTH, Heiko