Newbie seeks advice in modeling NMDA-channel

cwilms at stud.uni-frankfurt.de cwilms at stud.uni-frankfurt.de
Wed Nov 3 09:45:22 EST 1999

Hello!

I am a student majoring in Neurobiology and am working on a project to
build a simple model of a NMDA-receptor.

After doing a bit of reading on the subject I still am not sure whether
to use a simulator (in my case this would mean Genesis or maybe Neuron)
or if it would be simpler/more straight-forward to program the
simulation in an object-oriented language (JAVA). I first aim is to have
something running within a few days, my second aim is to be able to
expand the first simple simulation by adding diffrent inhibitors, etc.

I would be grateful for any form of advice.

Thanks, Chris Wilms