Newbie seeks advice in modeling NMDA-channel

Melvin cwilms at stud.uni-frankfurt.de
Thu Nov 4 10:53:59 EST 1999

Matt Jones wrote:

> Hmmm. You want to have something up and running within a few days? No
> lack of ambition on your part is there?

Well let' call it lack of realism - that would problably be more
precise.

> First off, can you be a little more specific about what you mean by
> "model of a NMDA-receptor"?

As you already guessed, I am intrested in a kinetic-model of the
receptor. The Data I sofar have is out of "Methods in Neuronal Modeling"
by Koch et al. I will have a look into the article you mentioned for
newer information.

I have decided to go with the differential equations, since that was teh
direction I was thinking of anyway and simply because that gives me a
realistic chance of getting done on time. I find the thoughts behind the
Monte Carlo-method intresting, but will look into that later.

Right now I am trying to figure out, if a Maple-Programm wouldn't be
better, than a "real" program done in some OOP-language.

> Anyway, good luck, and we'll expect you to post your simulations on your
> website tomorrow morning (!).

;-)

bye, Chris

Christian Wilms (cwilms at stud.uni-frankfurt.de)