Cybernetics information request

ken collins kckpaulc at aol.comABCXYZ
Sat Nov 6 04:46:49 EST 1999

>Subject: Cybernetics information request
>From: Maeric al`Fal maeric at black-137-043.rh.uchicago.edu
>Date: Fri, 05 November 1999 01:55 AM EST
>
>I'm working to compile a research library on this field - in particular
>applied to partial or total limb replacement.  Could any of you please
>direct me towards any/all databases/web-sights that I could attain a bit
>
>of information?
>
>Thanks

you might begin by looking back in the news to find refs to the folks who did a
hand-replacement earlier this year... haven't seen any recent follow-ups, so i
don't know how the transplant is going, but if you could locate these folks
they might have soe info available. it's a pretty-difficult operation because
there's a lot of fine-detail in-there (all the way up to higher nervous system
'levels') that's impossible to restore through external manipulations. it's one
of those things, though, in which something is better than 'nothing', so,
=given= such deficits, there's worth in-it. ken