lecture slides

Matt Jones jonesmat at ohsu.edu
Sun Nov 7 15:05:33 EST 1999

In article <8E766BBE2cn1366coastalnetcom at 205.245.125.122> RS,
cn1366 at coastalnet.com writes:
>    	Does anyone know of any lecture slide collections that are free on the
>internet.  I am an adult neurologist and give lectures to students, nurses,
>laypeople and practicing physicians(nonneurologists) and would like to find a
>source for pre-prepared lecture slides, perhaps with lecture notes.

Sorry, I don't know of any source like that offhand. But I certainly
wouldn't regard it as plagiarism if you asked first. If I had posted
stuff like that on the net, I presumably would -want- as many people as
possible to see it and benefit from it.

I would suggest that, depending on the subject, you might check with
neuroscience or physiology departments at a large university who have to
give lectures to medical students. Often, these classes are huge, and the
teaching goes in rotations so that no individual faculty member has to
bear the whole burden every year. Thus, such programs often have a core
curriculum that doesn't change much from year to year, and have
pre-prepared lecture materials and slides that get passed from instructor
to instructor. My guess is that the instructors would probably be willing
to share them with you.

Good luck,

Matt Jones