visual detail

daan daanBACHvdb at wins.uva.nl
Sun Nov 7 18:28:55 EST 1999

Hello,

I found out about visual perception, that the further we go into the
brain (following afferent pathway) larger cells (complex and
hypercomplex) keep track of constantly increasing abstraction. First of
lines, then of shapes etc. So this is a way macroscopic features can be
extracted from a visual scene.

Now my question is - because I cannot find anything about it - does
anyone know wether something like that also exists for detail (ie
microscopic features)? In other words: how is detail preserved in the
afferent visual pathway?

thanks,

Daan vd Berg
University of Amsterdam

--
to reply, remove BACH from emailaddress.
(sorry, had some SPAM-trouble)