can you answer this ?

ken collins kckpaulc at aol.comABCXYZ
Tue Nov 9 02:11:15 EST 1999

>Subject: Re: can you answer this ?
>From: "PApa GoT A BrAnDnEwBaG" Papa23 at kovaski.net
>Date: Mon, 08 November 1999 11:00 PM EST

>[...]

>but what about eeg's and the 3 to 100 hz beat they keep getting as a =
>readout ?

first, i work at the 'level' of global integration, and am discussing stuff
that's decades old, just tying to get a 'framework' for integration
communicated.

i'm not up on =any= current literature, so understand that my comments are at a
general 'level'.

unless what's being implied is 'single-unit recording', all EEG stuff is
averaged.

'frequencies' such as you refer to, above, 'just' reflect such averaging. this
is not to say that they are not useful, they are.

it's just that there's a lot of neural topology that must be carried through if
what's in the averaged-stuff that shows up in EEG traces is to become
meaningful.

without anything else, this or that EEG frequency 'just' reflects the 'rates'
at which what are referred to, in my work, as "TD E/I-minimization mechanisms"
function while converging, and when converged, uopn TD E/I-minimized activation
'states'.

several of the TD E/I-minimization mechanisms function as
topologically-distributed 'escapements'... 'ratchet-pawling' mechanisms. some
of what's recorded in EEGs is correlated with the 'ratcheting' and 'pawling' of
these TD E/I-minimization mechanisms, and reflect the physical reality of the
topologically-distributed "ratchet-pawling's" occurrence.

by doing differential EEG recording, in which the skull wi wired-up, with as
many channels as possible, recording, and then analyzing the EEG trace data
differentially , by selecting different subsets of electrodes, it's possible to
home-in on the functionalities of the various TD E/I-minimization mechanisms,
and the topology of their involvements, including it's extent within the brain.

but, having achieved all of this, there are still 'levels' upon 'levels',
beyond, which require analysis that's masked within EEG's averaging.

>some people said the nervous system had a resonant pulse in the 50khz
>range and then ..stochastic resonance.. and then noise static
>and then somesay the energy field of the brain is a high voltage.. =
>microvolt
>resonant pulse that varies, with emotion..and the electrostatic =
>phenomena
>would acount for the noise...ect ect....IM GETTING CONFUSED :-)

in general, response to 'electrostatic' stuff, like getting zapped by a carpet
when one is wearing rubber soled shoes, is anomalous.

nothing in the work i've done 'explains' any other such stuff, but, since =all=
'stimulation' that's received, and acted-upon by our nervous systems, is 'just'
energy, which is transduced into nerual activation by the sensory receptors,
where does one 'draw the line' with respect to what energy-responding can be
ascribed to our nervous systems?

one can go a =long= way beyond the traditionally-acknowledged '5 senses'
because it's easy to demonstrate that our nervous systems are capable of
monitoring the one-way flow of energy from order to disorder that is what's
described by 2nd Thermo (wdb2t), and which applies, rigorously, to all energy
transformations within physical reality.

but, clearly, there's are a lot of unanswered questions in-there, because, if
our nervous systems did not 'discriminate' among various forms of energy,
they'd go 'haywire' when one turned on an incandescent bulb... because more
than visula frequency EM radiation emminates from such. and so forth.

>could it just be that the eeg readout is the beat note difference pulse=20
>of two  wide band resonant pulses beating against each other in a =
>repulsive mode ?

there's definitely the possibility of stuff like this, but it can all be
resolved beyond the 'level' of your example by working differentially, as
above.

>and all we see is the difference say 50 000hz and 50 008 cycles and all =
>we read on the eeg is the electromagnetic component ?? the 8 hz ??
>there has to be a hi potential and low amperage nature to the brain and =
>its field
>and it has to have a fundamental clock, like the clocks of the earth =
>cycles
>the night and day phenomena ect...care to dig in the quest with me ?

nope, there's no 'clock' in our nervous systems, which is some of why they're
so extraordinarily-capable information-processors. what there is, instead of a
'clock' that'd 'dictate' to everything what it 'must' do, when something else
is doing such-and-such, is an overall, spectacularly-powerful,
infinitely-flexible, 'group discipline'... which is what i refer to in my work
as TD E/I-minimization.

it's a bit of a stretch to get-there from where we are in this msg, but it all
stands verified.

the brain is 'different' :-)

ken (K. P. Collins)