no division? why?

John H. johnhkm at netsprintXXXX.net.au
Wed Nov 10 03:19:27 EST 1999

J S Griffiths 1985 (?) put forward the interesting argument that nerve cells
stopped dividing because it would mess up the neural architecture. This was
a primary problem with fetal graft implants, in some rats the grafts
completely overwhelmed the brain.

Evolution is smart, stem cells solve the problem ... .

Neurons are very expressive genetically, the cost of this MAY have been loss
of division. Don't have a clue.

news:3828B299.FE50DCED at wins.uva.nl...