100 Most Important Science Books

kenneth Collins kpaulc at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 12 18:56:14 EST 1999

kenneth Collins wrote:

>[...]

> the paramount example of this sort of thing has been, of course, the 'rift' that's
> 'existed' between Religion and Science.

and the problem is a particularly-Savage one, simply because, since Jesus so thoroughly
delineated all the best hopes of Moral Humanity, that the 'modern' way, which
'prohibits' recourse to God in everyday, Public, discourse, simultaneously 'prohibits'
all the best hopes for a Moral Humanity.

forgive me, please. i understand that the reality described in these
'offensively'-acknowledging-God posts of mine can 'only' seem, well, 'offensive',
because what i'm discussing is relatively-unfamiliar to =all= parties.

folks in Science are ignorant of things on the one 'side', and folks in Religion are
ignorant of things on the other 'side'... so, i can 'only offend' =everyone=.

i wouldn't dare to do so (it's distasteful for me to do anything that 'offends' even
=one= person, let-alone everybody), except that everything i've discussed stands
Verified, and is demonstrable.

~2000 years ago, Jesus 'cornered the market' with respect to a =lot= of
exceedingly-important stuff.

it's been the case that, because of the behavioral propensity, acquired through 'modern'
experience, to 'deny' God, including Jesus, we've been failing to lift ourselves up to
the full stature of our innate Morality... 'cause everyone's been too-'afraid' to
acknowledge Jesus by behaving in ways that reflect all the good-stuff that Jesus Taught,
lest they go against the tacit 'rule' that holds that "God is 'dead'".

i've got 'news' for folks, it's us who are 'dead' if we try to achieve 'society' without
the stuff that Jesus Taught. and Jesus =didn't= teach that we must be afraid to think.
He Taught 'just'-the-opposite.

[as i write this, i can imagine folks in both Religion and Science, "groaning", and
feeling, otherwise, 'uncomfortable'. i'm sorry that these things seem to be so
'difficult'. but if anyone only looks at the 'side' of what i'm discussing that's
unfamiliar to them, they'll see that it's exactly as i've described. so, don't be
'afraid'. just understand.]

there's such an extraordinarily-high Cost in living as if Jesus was [is] 'discountable',
for in doing such, one, simultaneously, locks one's self out of all the best stuff
that's innate within our Beings. but that's what's been the case on =both= 'sides of the
Divide.

one 'side' says:

"can't show mercy. folks would think i acknowledge God, or something. and i'd be
ostracized by my colleagues in Science."

the other 'side' says:

"can't acknowledge Science. folks would think i disavow God. and i'd be ostracized by my
colleagues in Religion."

in =both= examples, substitute, 'kindness', 'caring', 'sacrifice', 'forgiveness',
'reverence', 'tolerance', 'Truth-filled-ness', 'forthrightness', 'non-deceiving-ness',
'humility', 'giving', "new-'wineskin'stuff" (courage-in-the-face-of-the-unknown and
thinking-for-one's-self), and so forth, with respect to all the good stuff that Jesus
Gently-claimed, all in exact accord with the Truth exposed by Neuroscience ~2000 years
later, and you'll see what i mean about the exceedingly-high-Costs of the prevailing
'inability' to Acknowledge Jesus.

'inability' to Acknowledge Jesus, which has been the tacitly, but strongly-enforced
thing within "science", simultaneously calls all these good-things 'into question',
leaving anyone who even attempts to Live them being, not-at-all-subtly, ostracized by
"science".

in the same way, 'inability' to Acknowledge Science, which has been the tacitly, but
strongly-enforced thing within "religion" (even while folks 'in religion' enjoy the
fruits of the Labors of Science, such as this 'place' where we 'meet' to discuss),
simultaneously calls all these good-things 'into question', leaving anyone who even
attempts to Live them being, not-at-all-subtly, ostracized by "religion".

it's a =BIG= miss-take, that resides right-in-the-hearts of both "science" and
"religion", where =only= Truth has a Right to Exist.

and the Costs of this prevailing 'way', is exceedingly-high.

inflicting such, and enduring such, with all the inherent Savage ramifications within
Societies around the world, is Really-Stupid.

No?

Yes.

it's =not= that our 'Human natures' are, inherently, flawed.

it's 'just' that Abstract Ignorance has been allowed to mercilessly-Dictate to us that
which we 'must-be'.

Science, you really have to deal with all of this, 'cause it's been through your choice
that this circumstance has come to exist.

Religion, you really have to deal with all of this, 'cause it's been through your choice
that this circumstance has come to exist.

the one 'side' discounting the dedicated study of the other, Neighbor rejecting
Neighbor... =both= 'denying' Truth they claim to 'honor'... the 'house' of Humanity
Divided, unable to stand. enduring Savagery, rather than, simply, lifting itself up to
where it belongs.

I'll gladly demonstrate to folks on both 'sides'... there exist no 'excuses' for any
more allowing the 'Beast' to Dictate that Truth 'must be moved away from'.

K. P. Collins