BIOPAC and actionpotential velocities.

Brian MacNevin macnevin at cc.wwu.edu
Mon Nov 15 19:18:04 EST 1999

Hi everyone,
    I am attempting to employ BIOPAC (formerly MACLAB I believe) in assaying
for neurotoxicity along a frog's sciatic nerve. While we have the
appropriate amplifier coming to us, I do not have any protocols for the
procedure, nor for the solutions necessary for maintaining the nerve
fascicle in the nerve box.     Anyone with knowledge or experience using the
BIOPAC system, I'd appreciate pointers! URLS or citations to basic AP
velocity assays or NMJ -> transducer assays would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks
Brian

Brian MacNevin
Biology Department