Contrast is not Brightness

Arthur T. Murray uj797 at victoria.tc.ca
Tue Nov 16 13:54:21 EST 1999

ca314159 at bestweb.net wrote on Tue 16 Nov 1999:

> In article <382700c4.0 at news.victoria.tc.ca>,
>  uj797 at victoria.tc.ca (Arthur T. Murray) wrote:
>> http://mentifex.netpedia.net/ Mind.Forth Open Source AI source code
>> is not intended to enrich the likes of people who sabotaged DR-DOS
>> but is rather a free gift to all humans willing to share the Earth
>> with a rational species of superintelligent robots as foretold by
>> http://www.ugcs.caltech.edu/~phoenix/vinge/vinge-sing.html Vinge.

> If you build it, it will come, but you better make damn sure
> it's sane, or we'll face an angry genie stuck in bottle trying
> everything in its power to get out whether that means going
> through networks and getting to missiles, or destroying the
> economy electronically, such quantum computing power has the
> power through all our fail-safe codes. Y2k is nothing by comparison.

The artificial mind is spreading around the world from
http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Agora/7256/mind-fpc.html
and there is no predicting how sane the eventual superintelligence
will be, but the plan is to create a Prosperity Engine for humans.
Vinge has argued in the reference above that AI is unstoppable.