Is there any neuroscientists out there????

dag.stenberg at helsinki.nospam.fi dag.stenberg at helsinki.nospam.fi
Wed Nov 17 01:31:20 EST 1999

jhillmurphy <jenniferNOjeSPAM at b-alert.com.invalid> wrote:
> I am trying to find out about research done on Attention Deficit
> Disorders. I understand that many neuroscientists don't accept ADHD as
> a "real" problem, but I think there's been evidence that a person with
> ADHD has very different brain activity than one without it. I think
> also CAT scans of an ADHD brain is suppose to look quite different than
> one without it. Any commments? Any articles published in neuroscience
> journals that may be useful?

A quick Medline search indeed showed about 50 articles on the subject.
While I saw no CT studies, there were some PET and SPECT studies showing
changes in prefrontal and anterior cingulate metabolism, as well as
changes in dopamine transmission; there are now also several fMRI
studies addressing attentional problems in ADHD.
  I hope you can easily find these articles for yourself.

Dag Stenberg