Is there any neuroscientists out there????

c_thomas_wild at my-deja.com c_thomas_wild at my-deja.com
Thu Nov 18 09:56:40 EST 1999

In article <810mqv$i61$1 at oravannahka.helsinki.fi>,
  dag.stenberg at helsinki.nospam.fi wrote:
> jhillmurphy <jenniferNOjeSPAM at b-alert.com.invalid> wrote:
> > If I wanted to try and recruit people with ADHD for a study, are
there
> > specific meeting groups or specialized clinics for people with
ADHD? My
> > understanding is that people with ADHD get treated at all kinds of
> > places and there are probably not many cohesive groups of people
with
> > ADHD.
>
> First question: where in the world (continent, country etc.) are you?
> The address "jenniferNOjeSPAM at b-alert.com.invalid" is not particularly
> informative.
>
> Dag Stenberg
> Dag Stenberg     MD PhD                    stenberg at cc.helsinki.fi
> Institute of Biomedicine		   tel: (int.+)358-9-1918532
> Department of Physiology                   fax: (int.+)358-9-1918681
> P.O.Box 9        (Siltavuorenpenger 20 J)
> FIN-00014 University of Helsinki,Finland

Additional ADHD resources:  I am an adult with very mild ADHD and
today, in 1999, I tend to see the ADHD syndrome as being on a continuum
with the Epilepsy syndrome on one end and Tourette's syndrome on the
other end.  That's my view. With the help of my doctor, Anita Uhl
Brothers, M.D., of Berkeley, California, I was able to find out more
about a FDA approved medicine, a special caffeine compound, which
temporarily reduced distractibility and increased attention span for
me.  The caffeine compound works better for me than than either Ritalin
or Dexedrine to pay attention a little easier.  C. Thomas Wild, author,
Sacramento, California, USA.  ADHD resource:
http://homepages.msn.com/RightWay/c_thomas_wild/  There are other good
ADHD resource and homepages too including the ADHD newsgroup:
alt.support.attn-deficit

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.