Is there any neuroscientists out there????

steve at tropheus.demon.co.uk steve at tropheus.demon.co.uk
Thu Nov 18 11:25:24 EST 1999

On Thu, 18 Nov 1999 15:06:04 GMT, c_thomas_wild at my-deja.com wrote:

>It's been known for several decades that stimulant/alerting agent
>medicines used to treat ADHD (including caffeine, Ritalin, and
>Dexedrine) tend to stain (in research studies) certain parts of the
>brain including the reticular formation of the brain stem/the
>hypothalamus/other areas.  Caffeine and the amphetamines are known to
>change neurotransmitters levels for certain neurotranmitters including
>dopamine (human movement, memory).  C. Thomas Wild

Does caffeine increase or decrease dopamine level? Does the change
accumulate over a long period? My interest is because I find that one
very strong cup of coffee improves the fatigue associated with MS
without any noticeable side effects. A number of "normal" strength
cups of coffee has a much smaller effect on fatigue and causes some
side effects.

Steve
--
Steve Wolstenholme