Thinking without language?

Larisa Migachyov lvm at leland.Stanford.EDU
Thu Nov 18 13:18:50 EST 1999

ADR wrote:
>  We don't actually think in words. Observe carefully while your 'thinking'.
>  Your tongue is still moving and there is small muscular movements occuring,
>  you're actually talking without voicing out loud. Try sticking your tongue
>  out and keeping it still as possible, you won't be able to think well in
>  'words'. Thoughts are feelings on one level which we bring down one level by
>  using our tools for communication, such as our mouth.

I don't know about you, but I'm perfectly able to think verbally while
sticking my tongue out and keeping it still.  The fact that I'm typing
this with my tongue stuck out proves it.

--
Larisa Migachyov
Quaternion Press Publishing House