Thinking without language?

Lee Sau Dan ~{ at nJX6X~} sdlee at faith.csis.hku.hk
Thu Nov 18 20:46:39 EST 1999

    ADR> We don't actually think in words. Observe carefully while
    ADR> your 'thinking'.  Your tongue is still moving and there is
    ADR> small muscular movements occuring, you're actually talking
    ADR> without voicing out loud. Try sticking your tongue out and
    ADR> keeping it still as possible, you won't be able to think well
    ADR> in 'words'.

I don't have that problem.  What's wrong with your tongue/mind?

BTW, when we  talk, we not only move our tongue,  but also many facial
muscles, the lips as well  as many laryngeal muscles.  In your theory,
are all these muscles moving while one thinks in "words"?

--
Lee Sau Dan                     $(0,X)wAV(B(Big5)                    ~{@nJX6X~}(HZ)