Thinking without language?

Jure Sah jure.sah at guest.arnes.si
Mon Nov 22 10:29:43 EST 1999

Sergio Navega wrote:

> Computers are really fantastic machines. I have four of them and,
> except for weekends, I spend more time with them than with "humans".

"I" have 3 of them and I too like to spend time with them rather than humans.

> It's almost unbelievable the number of operations they are
> executing in the seconds that we take to type a simple text such
> as this one. They are fast and precise.
>
> Unfortunately, when it's time to live in an uncertain and vague world
> such as ours, that precision goes against computers.

Mostly because a computer never misunderstood me, witch makes them quite precise
in the real world. :)

And hey!
Don't forget how long was a 3 year old child been "programed". Not only the 3
years, but millions of years trough the human (and non human) evolution.

Trough your life you do not make many new connections you only activate them.

PC's nowadays are just too simple to be compared to a human brain.
(However I have to tell you that a simple program may pull the trigger!)
If a computer would get things the way we do, they would get useless pretty
fast!
Computers are so useful to us just because they are so different!
Do you think that you would keep your pet if it evolved such abilities as you
have?

Just don't lose respect in the computer!!!
I'm here to make sure people don't!