Thinking without language?

patrik bagge patrik-b at online.no
Mon Nov 22 13:08:17 EST 1999

>> >It would be better if this whole thread on thinking WITHOUT language
>> >were to simply disappear from sci.LANG ...
>>
>> i might agree that crossposting isn't always such a good idea,
>> but 'better' ?
>> for who,why,when ?
>>
>> i find it extremely rewarding to read all these bright individuals
>> , coming in different flavour of belief.
>
>For sci.lang, obviously ...

obviously?

>I don't recognize you as a sci.lang poster;

no, i'm not competent in linguistics....
i might have a little understanding in the human brain.

>if you're from one of the other four newsgroups this thread is going to
>(is there a way to discover where it originated?), its absence here
>shouldn't affect you at all.

no, it doesn't affect me at all, if i'm not mistaken here it was
Arthur T. Murray that started this cross-post thread.

The newsgroups seems to be comp.ai.philosophy, comp.ai.nat-lang
, sci.lang.bionet, bionet.neuroscience, alt.consciousness

The only one taking offense to the discussion seems to be you
, how come ?

If we all are off wall and *wrong* then be a scientist and correct
us in our ways..

/pat