Thinking without language?

Greg Lee lee at Hawaii.edu
Mon Nov 22 21:45:59 EST 1999

In sci.lang Larisa Migachyov <lvm at leland.Stanford.EDU> wrote:
: >  > > at remembering things as I studied ways of remembering. So what is
: >  > Memorizing pi?
: >  > It's easy to remember: 22/7    ------    this is an approxiamation. Pi
: >  > Or do you think digit's: 3.1415927
: >  How many digits can you memorize? I haven't found a personal need to go
: I remember pi as a melody, where each note signifies a digit.  So, I have
: it memorized to 3.1415926535897...  However, when I need to use pi in

How I want a drink!
Alcoholic, of course,
After the heavy lectures
Involving quantum mechanics.