SV: Capacity of the brain

Peter da Silva peter at abbnm.com
Wed Nov 24 08:41:25 EST 1999

In article <36N_3.36$ra7.381 at news1.online.no>,
patrik bagge <patrik-b at online.no> wrote:
> yup, depending on application, one or the other science will do.
> Iv'e heard that the finns have been messing with gravity, above
> a superconducting spinning disc. I wonder what newton&boys
> would say?

I don't know about what Newton would say (probably 'help' and 'get me out
of here' and 'aaaargh, I can't breathe'), but this sounds like superconducting
flux pinning (the Meissner effect: you've all seen the pictures of magnets
floating above superconductors).

--
In hoc signo hack, Peter da Silva <peter at baileynm.com>
 `-_-'   Ar rug tú barróg ar do mhactíre inniu?