SV: Capacity of the brain

Richard Tobin richard at cogsci.ed.ac.uk
Wed Nov 24 09:17:18 EST 1999

In article <81gpu5$5j1 at web.nmti.com>, Peter da Silva <peter at abbnm.com> wrote:

>> Iv'e heard that the finns have been messing with gravity, above
>> a superconducting spinning disc.

>but this sounds like superconducting flux pinning

I think he actually means the work of Dr Eugene Podkletnov.  You'll find
plenty of pages if you do a web search for his name, eg

  http://www.gravity.org/msu.html

The unlikely claim is that when objects are placed over a rotating
superconducting disk, they become slightly lighter.

I saw a web page by some students who tried to replicate it, and who
concluded that it was merely the air motion increasing buoyancy, but
I can't find it just now.

-- Richard

"The Internet is really just a series of bottlenecks joined by high
speed networks." - Sam Wilson