SV: Capacity of the brain

Patrik Bagge pab at neramd.no
Wed Nov 24 09:27:37 EST 1999

Peter da Silva wrote in message <81gpu5$5j1 at web.nmti.com>...
>In article <36N_3.36$ra7.381 at news1.online.no>,
>patrik bagge <patrik-b at online.no> wrote:
>> yup, depending on application, one or the other science will do.
>> Iv'e heard that the finns have been messing with gravity, above
>> a superconducting spinning disc. I wonder what newton&boys
>> would say?
>
>I don't know about what Newton would say (probably 'help' and 'get me out
>of here' and 'aaaargh, I can't breathe'), but this sounds like
superconducting
>flux pinning (the Meissner effect: you've all seen the pictures of magnets
>floating above superconductors).

i found this experiment on the net, if you want i can toss the url your
way. Anyway, they noticed this , by accident, the weight of an object
above the equipment reduced by something like 2/1000 if i'm not
remembering wrong. The experiment had (when i read it) been verified
by indipendent scientific communities. NASA seems a bit interested...

a little work more ... who knows .. spacetravel might get 'trivial'

Best
/pat