Q: Calculating membrane-potential for known channel-current

Melvin cwilms at stud.uni-frankfurt.de
Wed Nov 24 09:56:21 EST 1999

Hi!

I am working on a simple kinetic-model of a ligand-dependent ionic
channel. By now I have a formula to calculate the channel current for
one step. How do I figure out the membrane potential for that step. I
tried using Ohms-law, but the only way to figure out the resistence
seems to be Ohms-law (again) but for that I would need the
membrane-potential, but...

Am I missing something? I looked this up in several books, but found
nothing fitting...

thanks, Chris
--
Christian Wilms (melvin at gmx.de)