Hell's 'carrot'

kenneth Collins kpaulc at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 25 05:34:49 EST 1999

i read a story, tonight. Bishop Fulton Sheen told it. it was an old Russian story
about a person in Hell who was asked by an Angel whether, if granted the means to
get out of Hell, would the person take the opportunity? the person answered,
"Yes." so the Angel came back and held out a carrot for the person to grab onto.
the person grabbed hold, but all the other people in Hell tried to grab onto the
person.

so, all remained in Hell.

the story reflects why it is that i just do the work.

it's the 'carrot' that's the Problem.

ken