SV: Capacity of the brain

Patrik Bagge pab at neramd.no
Thu Nov 25 08:50:34 EST 1999

>> and
>> course,
>> good' a
>> precognition).

>> if one should consider, predicting weather, building a computer
>> a 'practical application' then the science enabling us to do this
>> has something 'to do' behind the scenes.
>
>I don't think you understood what he wrote, nor the concept of
>"success" for a scientific theory.
>
>The contradiction is all in _your_ mind.

Obvious Topic:

concept of success in science = ability to explain
and predict reality , period.

that's fine with me.

example of predicting reality = weatherprognosis

do we agree?

if we do, the connection is obvious to my little mind.
the connection is in the concept/word 'reality'

even Maynard mentioned the concept of
correlation with 'experimental results' in reality

if we still agree, then we can connect
a successfull science with 'successfull weatherprognosis'

Less Obvious Topic:

balanced answer, with only a little fine
touch of insult at the end

/pat