SV: Capacity of the brain

Bill Todd billtodd at foo.mv.com
Thu Nov 25 09:33:19 EST 1999

The connection that your mind seems to resist is that, while the accuracy of
weather prediction does in fact help in validating the theory behind it, the
coincidence that accurate weather prediction is a matter of practical
interest has no bearing on the 'success' of that theory.

Or, if that sentence is too difficult, let's try this one:  The 'success' of
a theory (by the definition I gave) is defined by its ability to predict,
but is not related to whether anyone is interested in, or can benefit from,
what it predicts.

Bye,

- bill

Patrik Bagge <pab at neramd.no> wrote in message
> [...]