Thinking without language?

Greg Lee lee at Hawaii.edu
Fri Nov 26 09:10:28 EST 1999

In sci.lang \"Sir Knowitall\" <fell_followedby_in at one.net.au> wrote:

: It is, I maintain, impossible to be equally aware at the same time (really
: focused and vividly conscious of two activities of two "hardware"-absorbing
: activites) of any two distinctly different sensory-motor contents of/at

Why do you seem to yourself to be a single person instead of many?  Possible
answer: you can only recall being vividly conscious of one thing at a time
(even though you might have actually been conscious of several).  I think
you should consider the possibility that people really differ in how
they can divide their consciousness and how well they can recollect doing so.

--
Greg Lee <lee at Hawaii.edu>