Thinking without language?

kenneth Collins kpaulc at earthlink.net
Sat Nov 27 03:47:01 EST 1999

Larisa Migachyov wrote:>[...]

> Yeah, I also read newspapers or books while improvising.  But I seem to
> combine your two modes somehow - part of the process is very right-brain
> spontaneous, but part of it is quite analytical and controlled.

this sort of thing works be-cause it gates different stuff to 'consciousness',
which allows the brain to do TD E/I-minimization work with respect to the main
thing in an unencumbered-by-main-thing-'focussed'-way.

i've ached to be able to express myself via music, but all that's
'slipped-me-by'.

but i do my version of what you do by going to the movies, or walking around a
shopping place, or taking a hike, or driving, or building mechanical
'sculpture'. anything that allows 'consciousness' to 'rest' in
only-inconsequential stuff.

we all do the same by getting a good night's sleep (although one of my favorite
things is not having to be concerned with going to sleep... like to 'cram' as
much as i can in-there before entering sleep consciousness (increases the power
inherent in the TD E/I-minimization dynamics that occur during 'sleep'... but
folks should not try this until =after= they understand NDT's stuff).

cheers, Larisa, ken

[P. S. if what i've written seems 'strange', never-mind. i'm writing to a
general 'audience' that's been following another discussion for years. kpc]