Thinking without language?

kenneth Collins kpaulc at earthlink.net
Sat Nov 27 04:04:01 EST 1999

hi, Peter. i once had a similar experience in a tavern with a bunch of billiards
tables. there was a fellow who was obviously very-good. since i was just out
taverning, i put my buck on the table, and played when it was my turn to go down
to defeat (i 'shoot pool' only to bang the balls around... "oh, so that's what
the holes are for." :-).

anyway, this night i cleaned the table. couldn't miss a shot.

the guy broke down his fancy pool cue, put it in his case, and left. (which i
felt 'sorry' about, 'cause it was meaningless to me, and i'd been enjoying
watching him play.)

then his girlfriend got friendly toward me, which made me feel even worse.

'in the zone'.

i experience such with my work all the 'time', but this night, it was like what
i do in my head came out in my hands and arms.

it was 'surrealistic'.

cheers, Peter, ken