SV: Capacity of the brain

Peter Seebach seebs at
Sat Nov 27 04:18:16 EST 1999

In article <K8b%3.2898$QA6.185207808 at>,
Patrik Bagge <pab at> wrote:
>concept of success in science = ability to explain
>and predict reality , period.

Okay, let's work with that.

>example of predicting reality = weatherprognosis

>do we agree?

Not really.  Too complicated.  Your brain is probably just chemistry and
physics.  However, even if we knew *all* of the chemistry and physics, we
wouldn't necessarily be able to model your brain effectively.

>if we still agree, then we can connect
>a successfull science with 'successfull weatherprognosis'

This assumes success is all-or-nothing.  In fact, we get better forecasts now
than we did when I was a kid, so I'm assuming that part of science has

Copyright 1999, All rights reserved.  Peter Seebach / seebs at
C/Unix wizard, Pro-commerce radical, Spam fighter.  Boycott Spamazon!
Will work for interesting hardware.
Visit my new ISP <URL:> --- More Net, Less Spam!