science = determinism? (Schrodinger: algorithm or phenomena?)

Peter Seebach seebs at plethora.net
Sat Nov 27 04:22:12 EST 1999

In article <ey3vh6oiyse.fsf at lostwithiel.tfeb.org>,
Tim Bradshaw  <tfb at tfeb.org> wrote:
>I doubt this.  Causality violation is absolutely toxic, in the sense
>that if you have a causality violation you basically have no laws at
>all -- or alternatively any rules you want!

Not necessarily; they may just not apply all the time.

Anyway, I now hear that someone has managed to reproduce, in a lab, something
I was earlier told was impossible, about once a month.  I consider modern
physics to be a kind of magic, and I don't see that it makes any difference to
me either way.  :)

-s
Copyright 1999, All rights reserved.  Peter Seebach / seebs at plethora.net
C/Unix wizard, Pro-commerce radical, Spam fighter.  Boycott Spamazon!
Will work for interesting hardware.  http://www.plethora.net/~seebs/
Visit my new ISP <URL:http://www.plethora.net/> --- More Net, Less Spam!