science = determinism? (Schrodinger: algorithm or phenomena?)

Peter da Silva peter at abbnm.com
Sat Nov 27 08:35:13 EST 1999

In article <ey366yo9map.fsf at lostwithiel.tfeb.org>,
Tim Bradshaw  <tfb at tfeb.org> wrote:
> In general I'm also uncomfortable with the idea that one might want to
> invoke something as nasty as CV really just because of some unease
> about QM.

I think you've mistaken me for someone else. I'm quite comfortable with
quantum mechanics, it helps me sustain my illusion of free will (whatever
that really means), I'm just not at all sure why the specific breakdowns
in causality implied by relativity are considered toxic. There's not even
a "time machine paradox" because they can't be used to send information
back before the "invention" of the "time machine".

--
In hoc signo hack, Peter da Silva <peter at baileynm.com>
 `-_-'   Ar rug tú barróg ar do mhactíre inniu?