science = determinism? (Schrodinger: algorithm or phenomena?)

Peter da Silva peter at abbnm.com
Sat Nov 27 08:39:03 EST 1999

In article <383FAD5A.5DA023B4 at earthlink.net>,
kenneth Collins  <kpaulc at earthlink.net> wrote:
> they are engineered with the a priori presumption of 'particles', so they 'see
> particles', when everything is continuous.

You know, Einstein's Nobel Prize was for explaining an experiment that saw
particles when everyone assumed everything was continuous. If you can come
up with a better explanation of the photoelectric effect, or with some kind
of experiment that would differentiate your energy soup universe from the
one everyone else works with, you might be able to get somewhere.

--
In hoc signo hack, Peter da Silva <peter at baileynm.com>
 `-_-'   Ar rug tú barróg ar do mhactíre inniu?