science = determinism? (Schrodinger: algorithm or phenomena?)

Peter da Silva peter at
Sat Nov 27 08:39:03 EST 1999

In article <383FAD5A.5DA023B4 at>,
kenneth Collins  <kpaulc at> wrote:
> they are engineered with the a priori presumption of 'particles', so they 'see
> particles', when everything is continuous.

You know, Einstein's Nobel Prize was for explaining an experiment that saw
particles when everyone assumed everything was continuous. If you can come
up with a better explanation of the photoelectric effect, or with some kind
of experiment that would differentiate your energy soup universe from the
one everyone else works with, you might be able to get somewhere.

In hoc signo hack, Peter da Silva <peter at>
 `-_-'   Ar rug tú barróg ar do mhactíre inniu?
  'U`    "And now, little kittens, we're going to run across red-hot
	  motherboards, with our bare feet." -- Buzh.