science = determinism?

Bill Todd billtodd at foo.mv.com
Sat Nov 27 15:04:53 EST 1999

Mea culpa (see previous amending post) to the several people who responded.
I'm still less than convinced that 'non-deterministic' and 'random' are
synonymous, since the word to me implies a degree of unpredictability beyond
mere uncertainty - e.g., a truly 'random' event to me is one whose
probability cannot be evaluated.  If this is indeed *not* the accepted
mathematical definition, then so be it (and thank you for so informing me).

- bill

news:nnN%3.237$Sz5.12268 at ptah.visi.com...