Consciousness in terms of neuroscience websites?

Nick Medford nick at hermit0.demon.co.uk
Sun Nov 28 09:16:27 EST 1999

In article <81otof$26j$1 at news8.svr.pol.co.uk>, Lee Wilson
<Lee at prynn.freeserve.co.uk> writes
>Are there any websites that discuss consciousness, neuro-science-style? I've
>got a humanities background and am trying to catch up on the science side of
>things, also - NOT with a view to a dissatisfied defection, I might add -
>and this is one of the topics that interests me. Ideally there would be a
>minimum of jargon and the site would be well-written by an authority, rather
>than a dope-addled student (pardon my cynicism). And yes, I know I could get
>a book, but I'm not so wealthy. Many thanks in advance for any responses.

Most of the consciousness websites I've looked at are written by (and
primarily for) philosophers. I think this is because the issues still lend
themselves far more readily to philosophical speculation than 'hard science'.

I'd recommend you look at http://www.hku.hk/philodep/www/mind.htm

This provides a table of links to relevant websites of various kinds. I won't
pretend to have explored all of the many links on this page, but there's
plenty of neuroscience amidst the options.
--
Nick Medford