SV: Capacity of the brain

patrik bagge patrik-b at online.no
Sun Nov 28 15:34:39 EST 1999

Peter da Silva skrev i meddelandet <81s0sm$nab at web.nmti.com>...
>In article <0qe04.3721$ra7.29482 at news1.online.no>,
>patrik bagge <patrik-b at online.no> wrote:
>> well, i'm boldly assuming that 'nature' somehow got things working
>> quite well, what's there preventing us from doing a reasonable
>> approximation ?
>
>That depends on how long you want to spend on doing it. Will civilization
>survive long enough to complete the job?

THAT is what i call a good question, i possess no answer,
due to the possibility that civilization might end tomorrow.

anyway, it seems like modern neuroscience and classical behaviour
sciences are melting together, providing more&more answers
to the implementation of robust AI. Hofstadt'ers and others work
is highly interesting.

i guess that we have to work out the proper ethic frame, as we go...

Best
/pat