SV: Capacity of the brain

Peter da Silva peter at abbnm.com
Sun Nov 28 19:26:03 EST 1999

In article <q8g04.3808$ra7.31208 at news1.online.no>,
patrik bagge <patrik-b at online.no> wrote:
> anyway, it seems like modern neuroscience and classical behaviour
> sciences are melting together, providing more&more answers
> to the implementation of robust AI.

That's a different problem than emulating a brain based on the physics and
chemistry of it, and one more likely to be interesting and useful... the
brain emulation thought-experiment is just something to use to support the
strong Church-Turing hypothesis.

--
In hoc signo hack, Peter da Silva <peter at baileynm.com>
 `-_-'   Ar rug tú barróg ar do mhactíre inniu?