Thinking without language?

patrik bagge patrik-b at online.no
Mon Nov 29 12:38:47 EST 1999

Hi Seth

>> What i'm getting at here is that everything & everybody is at sale
>> , it's about specifying the desire and 'bying' the solution
>
>Actually i think that simple concept could be the seed of a new
>AI paradigm.  Survival is what drives progress (even in AI) - or
>to put it another way around: if it doesn't survive, then it's not
>progress.  And one of the primary mechanism (strategies) of
>survival is the commerce between an agent and its environment.
>Specifying desires and buying solutions is commerce.  So perhaps
>we can make progress with AI, by applying that mechanism.  The
>ecology of a flourishing system of commerce is exactly the ecology
>that an artificial mind needs to generate answers to problems that
>have no known pre programmed solutions.

hmm, interesting thought, i wonder what the current 'working'
strategy is regarding financial/stock markets etc.
, elaborate on your thought if you will.

I'm into studying KPC's work and on a grander scale it
might be the same TD E/I principles at work.At the
risc of imposing KPC's wrath upon me, i have interpreted
so far, the duality theory a general one, where the forces
are subjective good/bad, desire/solution, positive/negative
etc , on a slading non-linear scale.
When there is no good nervous system 'recognition'
randomness comes into the picture, generating behaviour
that hopefully will make patterns more cognizible.
Another interesting thing is the 5 dimensions proposed
, normal 3 dim. + time + interworkings of
all 'submodules' .

Yours
/pat