Consciousness in terms of neuroscience websites?

c_thomas_wild at my-deja.com c_thomas_wild at my-deja.com
Tue Nov 30 10:44:31 EST 1999

In article <81otof$26j$1 at news8.svr.pol.co.uk>,
  "Lee Wilson" <Lee at prynn.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
> Are there any websites that discuss consciousness, neuro-science-
style? I've
> got a humanities background and am trying to catch up on the science
side of
> things, also - NOT with a view to a dissatisfied defection, I might
add -
> and this is one of the topics that interests me. Ideally there would
be a
> minimum of jargon and the site would be well-written by an authority,
rather
> than a dope-addled student (pardon my cynicism). And yes, I know I
could get
> a book, but I'm not so wealthy. Many thanks in advance for any

Consciousness is closely linked to a number of neurological challenges
including TBI/ABI (Traumatic Brain Injury/Acquired Brain Injury),
Epilepsy (petit mal, absence, psychomotor, temporal lobe, complex
partial), and the ADHD-ADD-Hyperactivity syndrome.  In terms of human
relationships and consciousness, a book by Dale Carnegie titled How to
Win Friends and Influence People is good.  In terms of how some
medicines can dramatically effect consciousness, a book titled A
Remarkable Medicine Has Been Overlooked (Dilantin) by Jack Dreyfus is
good too.  C. Thomas Wild
http://homepages.msn.com/RightWay/c_thomas_wild/  There are other good
ADHD resource and homepages also.  Several major encyclopedias are
available today online (some free) which have good articles
on consciousness and related subjects.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.