Consciousness and languagePerhaps in thinking about the nature and significance of language we

rmallott1237 at rmallott1237 at
Mon Oct 18 21:02:56 EST 1999

It seems plausible that the advent of consciousness both in
evolutionary terms and in the case of the developing individual is
closely related to language.  Perhaps in thinking about this we ought
to reconsider something so familiar that we no longer mention it, the
acquisition of language by Helen Keller. For the relation between this
and the current intensive discussion of consciousness and its neural
basis see

Sent via
Before you buy.