Caffeine clue to better memory

c_thomas_wild at c_thomas_wild at
Mon Oct 18 20:55:58 EST 1999

In article <939963343.999220 at>,
  "Jo!hn" <johnhkm at> wrote:
> "Researchers in Israel have shown that caffeine makes existing brain
> swell and new ones grow.
> Dr Menahem Segal, at the Weizmann Institute in Rehovot, told BBC News
> that making the connection between this growth and better memory and
> learning capability is "a long jump, but it is what we are aiming
for". "
> "And he calculates that a lot of caffeine is needed to be sure of
seeing the
> cell growth effect - about ten cups.
> The research is published in the Proceedings of the National Academy
> Sciences.
> "
> --
> John
> Remove XXXX in reply address
Dr. Anita Uhl Brothers, M.D., of Berkeley, California, wrote an
introduction to an ADHD autobiography titled How to Cure Hyperactivity
(1981) which is about an FDA approved medicine, a special caffeine
compound, which worked better in case of mild ADHD than Ritalin.  There
were certain effects associated with this caffeine compound that
suggested it tended to act as a kind of growth hormone agent/growth
hormone.  The 1981 book is available through the Library of Congress.
C. Thomas Wild (an adult with very mild ADHD)

Sent via
Before you buy.