SV: Capacity of the brain

Ketil Z Malde ketil at
Mon Oct 25 01:50:47 EST 1999

Ronnie Sahlberg <ronnie.sahlberg at> writes:

> ergo: heat travels at infinite speed (according to famous
> partial-diff-equation).

But of course, it doesn't travel at all through vacuum.

Anyway, since the topic is drifting a bit, I'd point out that Terry
Pratchett has a model for FTL communication somewhere in his Discworld
novels:  Royalty

When a king dies, kingship is passed on *immediately* to his
successor, no matter the distance.  How, exactly, this is to be
implemented in a communications system is unclear.