Scientists discover addition of new brain cells in highest brain area

Sir Knowitall first_fell_then_in at
Tue Oct 26 00:50:00 EST 1999

Yes, I was, amongst else.
Still, I am unconvinced about the virtue of pursuing such theoretical
exactitude (as yours) when trying to describe our brains.
However, I (also) tend to believe that there is an important truth (and/or
value) in the idea of the brain being a "more involved or thorough" (than
usually thought) system of nerve routed correspondances between the
"functures" [:-> my loose and somewhat fuzzsilly logic word-fusion of
"functions+structures")]of sensory (primary, secondary and tertiary/limbic)
areas and corresponding levels of (motor/behaviour) organizing/outputting

It is quite sufficient, for me, to refer to what conventional and
conservative scientists have already interpreted or concluded (often based
on *an "overkill"* of experimental data); and then, from the overall picture
*de facto* plotted (but not usually recognised) by them, highlight not just
HOW we are (but also WHY we are how we are) from a revealing and too seldom
"focused from" explanatory angle.

This I what I have done enough for myself to feel *intellectually* satisfied
and *settled* (however I am open to have my smugness challenged in this

Peter F.

news:19991021022714.02932.00000345 at