brain organization

Ray D. Scanlon rscanlon at wsg.net
Sat Sep 11 16:57:20 EST 1999

I have been kicking around ideas about how the brain thinks. I am
particularly interested in the reticular nucleus of the thalamus. This stems
from an offhand remark by Walle Nauta, "What is thought except a movement
that is not connected to a motor neuron." The only way that I can see of
disconnecting a motor program is by the RNT inhibitting relay neurons in the
ventral anterior-ventral lateral complex.

Is anyone out there interested in this subject? Does anyone know of anyone
working on it? Newsgroups? Moderated lists?

I've never been able to pick up anything on Medline.

Ray